Skip to main content

Product Review: Corsair K70 LUX RGB Keyboard

I managed to get my hands on a newer keyboard from manufacturer Corsair. I have been of fan of their products for a while so I was excited to get the K70 LUX RGB and review it. Corsair’s keyboards are geared towards the gaming enthusiast looking for a quality and reliable experience. This particular keyboard is mechanical and is available in three switch types (Blue, Red, or Brown) for a price of $150. For those who are unaware of what a mechanical keyboard is, or what switch types are, here is a brief explanation. Mechanical keyboards feature high quality spring actuated keys as opposed rubber domes in most keyboards. The switch types listed above all vary by how much pressure needs to be applied. The keyboard I am reviewing featured the brown switches, which are around the medium amount of pressure needed. My first impressions of the product were great. The build quality is excellent, featuring a sturdy aluminum body and elegant design. The main attraction of this keyboard is the RGB feature. Every single key can be lit by any color allowing for some spectacular light show on the keyboard. The software included with keyboard allows for full programmability and mapping. This is a great product with pluses such as build quality, features, and support. That said, there are some negatives. Compared to other brands offering similar products, Corsair’s is priced higher. Also, the RGB lighting can sometimes be hard to see in full daylight. Overall I was pleased with the K70 RGB, but I feel that with some minor improvements and a lower price point, would increase my satisfaction.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/k70-rgb

Purchase an Electronic Sports Entertainment T-Shirt

Comments

Tracking

Counter