Skip to main content

Product Recommendation: Arms


For those of you that unaware, Nintendo released their newest console just a few months ago. Going by the name Switch, Nintendo’s new console features the ability to be played on the go like an iPad, or in docked mode like a traditional game console, such as a PlayStation or Xbox. Thus far the console has done well, usually being sold out at most outlets. Those who have been lucky enough get one, or pay a hefty price from third-party sellers, there has been a lot of new games to enjoy. One I got to try recently was Arms. Arms is cartoonish boxing game that has players controlling characters that have arms that can stretch across the ring similar to Stretch Armstrong. Utilizing the Switch’s handheld motion controllers, players have to punch the other player, while also attempting to block their punches. I have to say, I am usually skeptical about these sort games, as a usually like to play games that do not use motion as an input. I have to say though, it was a lot of fun, way more than I expected. The mode I played was local two player mode, but this game also features an online party mode, so you do not always need someone on hand to have an enjoyable experience. Aside from the gameplay, I liked the aesthetic of the game. It is very bright and colorful with some comical (in a good way) animations. So, in my opinion, if you happen to have the Nintendo Switch, or plan on getting one in the future, consider getting Arms. I highly recommend it. It can be had for the current price of $54.99, but this price with drop in the coming months.



Comments

Tracking

Counter